It is finally Spring here in Northeast Pennsylvania! It is time to spring clean and look forward to the warm summer months. Disaster Blaster has put together a Spring checklist to help get you ready.Printable Checklist (PDF)
• Rejoice, it is Spring!!
• Check smoke detector batteries
• Change the filter in the HVAC system and / or furnace
• Inspect air conditioning unit and have a technician tune it up if necessary
• Check and clean out gutters if needed
• Get lawnmower serviced
• Inspect home for any damage caused by winter storms
• Roof (shingles)
• Foundation (cracks)
• Decks (weak boards, steps, or railings)
• Trees on property (dangerous limbs)
• Check caulking on windows and weather stripping on doorways
• Pressure wash exterior of your home to wash away the winter dirt and salt
• Fix any cracks in the pavement or concrete, small cracks now could turn into a bigger problem later if not addressed
• Call a chimney sweep now in the off-season to avoid the rush in the fall
• Check and clean your dryer vent if necessary to greatly reduce the Risk Of Dryer Fires
• Sit back and wait for Summer!
"We're Here for You" ®
Interested in older news stories? Please see our Archive.