With Covid-19, a particularly nasty strain of Coronavirus, working its way around the globe, we felt it was important to go over some basic tips to avoid transmission of this new virus.
Should you have a commercial space and would like the area sanitized for Coronavirus, please let our offices know and we would be happy to assist you. We completely understand this concern and are happy to help reduce potential exposure.
What is Covid-19
Covid-19, or Coronavirus Disease 2019, is a new strain of Coronavirus that was originally discovered in Wuhan China. This new strain appears to be more easily transmitted and more severe than other strains of Coronavirus.
As with any new diseases, there is a lot we don’t know and that creates a lot of concern. What we do know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 is that, at least as of now, the mortality rate is much higher than other strains of Coronavirus and other diseases such as the flu. This is concerning because, while the flue infects far more people annually than Covid-19 has to date, the mortality rate is much lower and the recovery rate is much higher.
As pharmaceutical companies around the world work to develop treatments and vaccines, it’s important for us to do everything we can to prevent the spread of the disease and to limit potential exposure.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus
Coronavirus Disease 2019 is a respiratory illness that can be extremely severe in some cases. The symptoms of Coronavirus are similar to the flu and include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Due to the severity of the respiratory issues caused by this new strain of Coronavirus, the CDC recommends seeking medical treatment immediately if you develop difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, confusion or inability to wake up, or bluish lips or face.
If you feel that you have been exposed to Coronavirus and develop symptoms, it’s important to contact your healthcare provider immediately for guidance and medical advice.
How is Coronavirus transmitted?
Coronavirus is spread just like the flu or a cold. Common methods of transmission include:
• Through the air by coughing or sneezing.
• Through close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands.
• By touching an object or surface with the virus on it.
• Through exposure to bodily fluids.
How can you avoid Coronavirus?
Avoiding Coronavirus is all about prevention. Here are some important tips for avoiding this (and similar) viruses and colds:
• Avoid large gatherings of people such as sporting events and concerts.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow instead of using your hands.
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Be sure to be thorough, scrubbing your palms, the back of your hands, between your fingers and around your thumbs.
• Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
• Don’t touch your face, mouth, nose, or eyes.
• Avoid close contact with others. The World Health Organization recommends staying at least 3 feet apart.
• If you are sick, STAY HOME.
We hope this information was helpful and we hope that everyone is able to avoid this new Coronavirus strain. We’re hopeful that treatments and vaccines in development will show to be effective and that those impacted can and do recover completely.
If you have a commercial business and would like your space sanitized against potential Coronavirus, please Contact Our Offices, we would be happy to assist you.
"We're Here for You" ®
Additional Resources on Coronavirus:
*Please note: This is not intended as medical advice. We recommend speaking with a medical professional if you feel you may be sick with this, or any, disease.
Interested in older news stories? Please see our Archive.