The summer is almost a memory and we are moving quickly into the season of sweaters, football games, and apple pies. With every season change, we have to do home maintenance. Disaster Blaster has put together a Fall Checklist to help homeowners prepare for the coming months. We hope this helps you start your season off right.
• Clean and Store Patio Furniture
• Caulk around Windows and Doors
• Inspect External Doors and Garage Doors
• Wash Exterior Windows
• Drain and Store Garden Hoses
• Check Gutters and Downspouts and Clear Debris
• Install Heating Cable on Roof to Prevent Ice Dams
• Have Chimneys and Flus Inspected
• Have Heating System or Furnace serviced for optimum efficiency and to prevent Furnace Puffbacks
• Get Ductwork Cleaned
• Insulate Water Pipes to prevent Pipe Breaks during cold weather
• Touch up Paint on Trim
• Turn off Outside Water Spigots
• Trim Low Hanging or Broken Tree Branches – The Weight of Snow May Pull Them Down
• Clean Out the Garage
• Check and Clean Outdoor Lights
• Check and clean your dryer vent if necessary to greatly reduce the Risk Of Dryer Fires
• Turn Mattresses to ensure even wear
• Get Carpets Cleaned to Avoid the Holiday Rush
• Clean behind the Refrigerator
At Disaster Blaster, we try to help our customers with preventative maintenance measures as well as being there for you if something goes wrong. If you have any questions, you can now chat with our experts online through the webpage or contact your local Disaster Blaster. We hope you have a great fall!
Interested in older news stories? Please see our Archive.